If you were recently injured in a single-vehicle accident in Los Angeles, CA, you might be under the impression that you cannot recover compensation. However, there are many times when single-vehicle accidents do provide a basis for personal injury claims.
The experienced car accident lawyers at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers can explain your legal rights and options when you contact us online or call us at (877) 300-4535 for a free case consultation.
How M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Single Vehicle Accident in Los Angeles
If you were injured in a car accident, whether it’s a single-vehicle or multi-vehicle accident, you have the right to choose who you want to represent your interests.
Some of the reasons we believe you should consider M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers include:
- We have over 100 years of combined legal experience
- We have recovered more than $400 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients
- We have been selected as Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the country by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- We are lifelong members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- We have attorneys who have been selected as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- We received the Avvo Client’s Choice Award for excellent customer service
When you hire our car accident attorneys in Los Angeles to represent you, you can depend on our unwavering dedication to guiding you through the California car accident claim process and resolving your case in a favorable manner.
Contact us today in Los Angeles, California, to get started.
What Is a Single Vehicle Accident?
A single-vehicle accident is one in which only one motor vehicle is involved. However, an accident may involve any of the following:
Additionally, a single vehicle accident can cause injury to occupants inside the vehicle other than the driver, as well as those outside the vehicle. Common injuries include head injuries, brain injuries, neck and back injuries, broken bones, and more.
How Common Are Single Vehicle Accidents in California?
While most people think of car accidents as involving two or more vehicles, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that 55% of motor vehicle accident deaths in 2020 were in single-vehicle accidents.
According to auto accident statistics, the rate for California single-vehicle accident deaths was slightly above the national rate at 59%. In 2020, 2,260 people were killed in California motor vehicle accidents involving a single vehicle.
Common Causes of Single Vehicle Accidents
Some of the most common causes of single vehicle accidents are:
We can investigate if any of these common causes contributed to your accident and work to hold the negligent party responsible for your injuries.
When Can You File a Personal Injury Claim for a Single Vehicle Accident in Los Angeles, CA?
To file a claim with insurance other than your own, another party will need to be at fault for the accident. For example, you may be able to file a claim if:
- You were a passenger in a vehicle hurt in an accident caused by the driver’s negligence
- You were driving a vehicle that crashed because of a defect
- You were a pedestrian or cyclist injured by a driver
- You were a passenger on the back of a motorcycle
An experienced car accident lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding your claim and explain whether you have a case. Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. For more car accident legal questions, read our auto accident FAQ.
Who Is Responsible for a Single-Vehicle Accident?
Legal responsibility depends on who is found at fault for the accident. Establishing fault usually depends on showing the following four elements of a negligence cause of action:
Using this framework, the following parties may be responsible for a single-vehicle accident:
- A bar or liquor store that served alcohol to a minor who was already visibly impaired and who caused a drunk driving accident that injured somebody else
- The negligent driver of the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer or designer that was responsible for selling a defective product
- A driver who crashed into you
A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can investigate the accident and determine all potentially liable parties.
Potential Compensation You Can Receive in a California Single-Vehicle Accident
If you were injured in a single-vehicle or self-driving accident, you might be able to recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you suffered. Economic losses include:
Non-economic losses are more difficult to quantify and may include:
Damages may be significant in some single-vehicle accidents. An experienced lawyer can help determine the full extent of your damages and demand fair compensation for them.
Other types of car accidents that may qualify to receive compensation include:
If you were involved in a car accident, call us today to discuss your legal options.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Los Angeles Car Accident Law Firm
If you were injured in a single-vehicle accident in Los Angeles, an experienced car accident attorney from M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Contact us online or call us at (855) 599-2987 for a free case review.
Additional Car Accident Resources