Have you been injured in a hit-and-run accident in Los Angeles, CA? Speak with M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers by dialing (877) 300-4535 or contacting us online for immediate legal assistance. Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys can help you fight to hold the hit-and-run driver accountable and get the compensation you deserve.
Our law firm has been a top advocate for car accident victims in Los Angeles since 2013. We put more than a century of combined experience behind every case we take on. Our tough, aggressive representation has helped us win more than $400 million in damages for accident victims just like you.
We’re standing by to help you fight for compensation after your hit-and-run accident. Call our law office in Los Angeles, California to get started with a free consultation.
How Our Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Hit and Run Accident
Leaving the scene of an accident is illegal, but that doesn’t stop some from taking off after a crash. When a driver leaves, it can complicate an already challenging situation. Between your physical recovery, emotional trauma, and uncertain financial situation, you’ve got enough to worry about right now. Let M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers take care of your personal injury case.
Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys are the award-winning, top-rated litigators you’ll want in your corner. We have more than 100 years of combined experience and have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in life-changing awards.
When you choose our law firm to represent you after getting hit by a hit-and-run driver, we will:
- Cooperate with local, county, and state law enforcement agencies as they investigate and search for the hit-and-run driver
- Conduct an independent investigation into your crash
- Bring in hit-and-run accident experts, including accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and forensic specialists
- Work to get the statute of limitations tolled if we can’t locate the hit-and-run motorist
- Determine if someone other than the hit-and-run driver may be at least partly responsible for your motor vehicle accident
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies and other relevant parties
If you aren’t offered a fair deal, our respected Los Angeles hit-and-run accident attorneys will not hesitate to bring your case to a jury.
Give us a call or connect with us online to discover more about how our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers can help. We’re here to take your call 24/7/365.
How Common Are Hit-and-Run Accidents in Los Angeles?
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there are roughly 11 or 12 hit-and-run car accidents in Los Angeles every day. And that’s just the city. Los Angeles County, as a whole, sees about double that amount, with an average of 22 hit-and-run crashes daily.
In 2019, statistics show there were a total of 4,319 hit-and-run motor vehicle accidents in Los Angeles. When compared to other cities in California, Los Angeles ranked as the 4th most dangerous when it comes to hit and runs.
Other common auto accidents in Los Angeles, CA include:
What’s Considered a Hit and Run Accident in California?
Typically, after an accident, drivers in California have a responsibility to:
- Stop their vehicle (at the scene or a safe location nearby)
- Give their name and address to other parties (including drivers, passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, etc.)
- Exchange license and registration information, if requested.
This is required any time a driver knows (or should know) that an accident results in property damage, injury, or death.
A hit-and-run accident is considered a crime in California. It can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the severity of the accident.
What Should I Do If I’m in an Accident With a Hit and Run Driver in Los Angeles?
Here are a few things to keep in mind after a hit-and-run in LA:
- Try to take a picture of the hit-and-run driver’s license plate if you can
- Write down anything remarkable or noteworthy – such as the make and model of the car, its color, or details about the driver
- Remain at the scene and wait for the police to arrive after reporting it
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can
- Notify your insurance company
- Call a lawyer for help
Hit-and-run accidents tend to be complicated. Let our experienced Los Angeles personal injury lawyers handle your fight for compensation for you. Whether you’re going up against an insurance company or suing the negligent driver directly, our law firm can help you seek maximum compensation.
How Can I Get Money If the Hit and Run Driver Can’t Be Located?
California has fault-based insurance laws. This means that the at-fault party’s insurance company is typically responsible for damages. But, how can you know which insurance company to call if the driver who causes your accident drives away?
Until they’re located, you’ll have to consider other options for recovery.
These can include:
- Seeking benefits available through your own car insurance policy, including uninsured motorist coverage if you opted to buy it
- Filing a lawsuit against another third party who shares some of the blame for your hit-and-run accident
It’s important to consider all of your options for recovery. If the hit-and-run driver is located, you can file a claim against their insurance provider and potentially sue the motorist for damages.
Our car accident attorneys in Los Angeles will carefully evaluate your situation and identify all possible options. You have a limited time to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, so call our law firm for help now.
Our Car Accident Law Firm in Los Angeles Helps Victims of Hit and Run Crashes
Were you injured, or did you lose a family member in a fatal hit-and-run car accident in Los Angeles? If so, call M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers today. Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys can help you fight to get the financial justice you deserve.
Our law firm will work hard to get money for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. We’ll put more than a century of experience behind your case and work to get you every cent you need. Call us to arrange a free case evaluation to get started now.
Additional Car Accident Resources