We often assume most car accidents in Los Angeles, California, are caused by careless or negligent drivers. But that’s not always true. Passenger negligence in Los Angeles, CA can cause a serious and complicated crash.
If someone riding with you caused your wreck, they should be held accountable. It can be difficult to prove if you don’t have the right lawyer. That’s one reason M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers should be your first call after your accident.
We’ve recovered over $400 million in verdicts and settlements for accident victims. Our attorneys are some of the top trial lawyers in the country–having been named to the Top 40 Under 40 and Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers.
Call (877) 300-4535 or contact our law office today for a free consultation with one of our Los Angeles car accident lawyers.
How Can M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers Help After an Accident Caused by Passenger Negligence in LA?
Being in a car wreck is upsetting, no matter what the circumstances. But if your passenger caused you to crash, you may be feeling angry and confused about how to proceed.
If the passenger was a friend or relative, it can be a touchy situation to navigate. We can help you through it and minimize your stress so that you can focus on getting your life back on track.
When you hire our award-winning Los Angeles personal injury lawyers, we’ll:
- Launch an investigation into the accident to determine how your passenger caused the crash
- Get the passenger’s story so we know whether they’ll try to deny liability or place the blame on you
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and opposing counsel
- Calculate your damages to include compensation for your physical injuries, property damage, lost wages, and emotional stress
- Send a top-rated trial lawyer to represent you in court if the opposing side refuses to offer you a fair and reasonable settlement
We have the resources and tenacity to take on big insurance companies and stubborn defendants. And we work on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t owe us anything unless we win. We’re standing by 24/7 to take your call, so contact us today.
How Can Passengers Be Held Liable for Car Crashes in Los Angeles?
Any party who contributed to your accident can be held liable. Passengers can be unruly or disruptive, and that can lead to an accident.
Some ways that passenger negligence can cause an accident include:
- Yelling at the driver
- Encouraging the driver to speed or take risks
- Providing the driver with alcohol or drugs
- Throwing objects at the driver or out of the vehicle
- Arguing with the driver or other passengers
- Grabbing the steering wheel, gear shift, or parking brake lever
- Hanging feet, hands, or head out the window or sunroof
- Antagonizing other drivers
If your passenger caused you to get into a wreck, they’re not going to admit it. It will take a savvy investigator and skilled interviewer to nail down the facts. Our LA personal injury attorneys know how to get to the bottom of what happened.
We have a network of experts at our disposal, and we are highly experienced at getting results. We also know how to handle delicate situations–such as if your passenger was a client, friend, or co-worker.
What Compensation Can I Get if My Accident Was Caused by a Negligent Passenger?
Car accident victims can generally seek compensation for monetary losses (economic damages) and pain and suffering (non-economic damages).
That means you could recover money for:
California follows a pure comparative fault model for sharing liability. That means liability will be apportioned to each party according to their level of responsibility for the accident. Many accidents have multiple causes.
If you were partially at fault, your compensation could be reduced by the portion of the accident caused by your own negligence. Our attorneys advocate fiercely on your behalf so that you’re not stuck with unfair blame.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our LA Car Accident Lawyers
Did your negligent passenger cause you to have a wreck in Los Angeles? M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers will get to work on your case right away so you can concentrate on getting better.
Since we opened our doors in 2013, we’ve dedicated our practice to helping injured victims like you. Reach out to our Los Angeles car accident attorneys today. Your initial consultation is always free.