Brain injuries are complicated and result in unpredictable consequences. Ranging from mild to severe, these injuries may heal with simple treatment or result in permanent disability or death.
If you or someone you love suffered a brain injury after an accident resulting from another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Los Angeles brain injury lawyers at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers have represented accident victims with brain damage, and we understand the devastation and trauma you’re likely experiencing. We can help.
Give us a call at our Los Angeles, California law firm, and we’ll review your case and explain your legal options. No one should have to go through this ordeal alone. Let us show you how our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers can make a difference and ease your worries.
Your first consultation is absolutely free, with no obligation. And, with our contingency fee arrangement, you owe us nothing unless we secure compensation on your behalf. You have nothing to lose by contacting us today or calling (877) 300-4535.
How Can M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Brain Injury in Los Angeles, CA?
The skilled attorneys at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers have garnered the respect and admiration of the Los Angeles legal community due to our exceptional representation. We treat each client as family and work just as hard for them as we would our own family members. We would do the same for you.
Any injury can be difficult, but a brain injury that has the potential to significantly interfere with your quality of life is especially devastating and traumatic. On top of the injury and emotional toll, you’re left worrying about finances. That’s where we come in.
When you hire M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to get you the financial resources you need for your recovery and any continued care.
Among other tasks, we will:
- Investigate your accident to understand what happened and who was responsible
- Gather and review evidence from the accident site, as well as medical records, witness statements, and any police reports if applicable to your accident
- Work with leading experts in Los Angeles to examine the accident and your injury
- Negotiate to get you a fair settlement
- Take your case to trial if a settlement is inadequate
Throughout the process, we’ll make sure to keep you informed and involved in all major decisions. We believe in working with our clients as a team.
Call to speak with one of our Los Angeles brain injury attorneys. The sooner we begin the process, the sooner you can get the money you need to move on.
Brain Injury Statistics
In 2019, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 223,135 hospitalizations and 64,362 TBI-related deaths, representing 611 hospitalizations and 176 deaths per day.
Additional statistics on the prevalence of brain injuries include:
- Brain injuries make up a third of all fatalities resulting from injury
- 13.5 million people in the United States live with a brain injury disability
- Brain injuries occur most often in the following demographics: 55 and older, 0-4 years, and 15-24 years
- People over 75 account for about 32% of TBI hospitalizations and 28% of TBI deaths
- Children under 17 made up 16,070 hospitalizations in 2019 and 2,774 deaths in 2020
- Males suffer TBI more often than females and are nearly two times more likely to be hospitalized and three times more likely to die
The leading causes of TBIs include falls (28%), motor vehicle collisions (20%), being hit by or colliding with an object (19%), and assaults (11%).
What Causes Brain Injuries in Los Angeles, CA?
Many different accidents can cause a brain injury.
Common causes of brain injuries include the following:
In the last two decades, reports of sports-related head injuries have more than tripled.
What Are the Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Common symptoms of a TBI include the following:
- Ringing in the ears
- Difficulty breathing
- Dilated pupils
- Slurred speech
- Cerebrospinal fluid leaking from the nose or ears
- Bladder or bowel control problems
- Intolerance to light
- Vision problems
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, it’s critical that you seek urgent medical help immediately.
What Types of Brain Injuries Can Occur?
All brain injuries are not the same.
Different types of TBIs include:
- Post-traumatic amnesia
- Paralysis injuries
- Diffuse axonal injuries
- Brain injury at birth
- Acquired brain injury (not congenital)
- Post-traumatic headache disorder
- Spinal cord injuries
- Skull fractures
No matter what type of brain injury you’ve sustained, our Los Angeles brain injury attorneys understand the condition and know how to address the related legal issues. Having us in your corner can give you the peace of mind you need. We also have built relationships with leading experts in the community who can help us understand your injuries and properly value your case.
Contact M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers if you’ve suffered a brain injury in an avoidable accident in Los Angeles, CA. You deserve compensation for medical bills, lost income, in-home care, rehabilitation, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and much more.
Call today for a free consultation to see how we can help.