- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D. (2004)
- Florida State University, B.S. (2001)
Proffessional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- National Trial Lawyer
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, California, Central District
- U.S. District Court, California, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Eastern District
- Selected as “Rising Star” Attorney by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Rated as a “Top Attorney” by Los Angeles Magazine
- Rated as one of the “Best Attorneys of America” by Rue Ratings
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Recipient of Avvo’s “Client Choice” Award
- Selected as “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Selected as “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” in the country by National Trial Lawyers
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Recognized as a Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney by the American Association of Attorney Advocates
Nick T. Movagar is the co-founder and managing partner of M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers and proudly manages a firm with over 100 members, all dedicated to the goal of championing and defending the interests of individuals who have been physically injured or killed as a result of the negligence of another party. Through Nick’s management and the firm’s dedication, the firm has obtained successful verdicts and settlements for thousands of clients totaling over $400 million and counting.
Nick’s management of the law firm has been recognized by numerous publications, such as National Trial Lawyers, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers magazine, and the Los Angeles Magazine, for the results he has obtained on behalf of his clients. Nick has repeatedly been named a “Super Lawyer” on the Super Lawyers list – an award given to less than 2.5% of practicing attorneys.
Nick has also been recognized as Wrongful Death Attorney of the Year by Acquisition International, and a top 100 trial lawyer in the country. The firm has obtained results for its clients included in the Top 100 Jury Verdicts Nationwide by Best of the Bar and Top 20 Trucking Verdicts by TopVerdicts.com.
M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers was the first ever law firm to partner with the Los Angeles Kings National Hockey League team. The ground-breaking and unprecedented partnership was designed to bring even more aid and awareness to California injury victims through the use of multi-media platforms and community events.
Nick elected to practice plaintiff’s personal injury law because personal injury victims are often the most vulnerable people who need legal representation the most. These victims have just undergone a serious injury and are not in a position to bring a personal injury claim and/or pursue a lawsuit.
Also, because most people are unfamiliar with their rights in connection with a personal injury claim, the other side, which is almost always a billion-dollar insurance company, often tries to take advantage of them by either denying their claim or offering to pay them much less than their claim is worth.
This is where the Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers step into the case to ensure all of their clients’ rights are protected and that all clients get just and full compensation.
Nick presently represents wrongful death heirs and Plaintiff’s throughout the state of California that have been injured in every conceivable type of accident involving the negligence of another party. These include, but are not limited to:
- Car accidents,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Boating accidents,
- Trucking accidents,
- Brain injury cases,
- Premises liability cases such as slip and falls, and
- Animal attacks such as dog bites.
Nick works tirelessly to ensure each and every client gets just compensation and all necessary medical treatment so that they are made whole from the losses they sustained as a result of the accident.
Prior to co-founding M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, Nick worked at an elite law firm in west Los Angeles. While there, Nick represented:
- Hilton Hotels Worldwide, Inc. (the world’s largest hotel company),
- Apartment Investment and Management Company (one of the nation’s largest owners and operators of apartment communities),
- Anschutz Entertainment Group (one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world and the owner of Crypto.com Arena), and
- Union Carbide Corporation (a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company)
Nick received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School in downtown Los Angeles in 2004 and graduated Cum Laude with Order of the Coif Honors. While at Loyola Law School, Nick was an Editor on the Entertainment Law Review and volunteered at the Disability Rights Legal Center, an organization that champions the civil rights of people with disabilities through advocacy, education and litigation.
While in law school, Nick also served as an extern at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. In 2004, Nick received the Commercial Law Student of the Year Award from the Los Angeles County Bar Association.