What To Consider Before Hiring a Car Accident Attorney
If you have ever been involved in a car accident in Los Angeles, you know how important it is to get proper medical care for your injuries. But, did you know that finding the right personal injury car accident attorney can be just as important?
Choosing the wrong car accident attorney can be the difference between winning and losing a lawsuit and can cost you thousands of dollars.
Right after a car accident, the clock starts to tick. In most circumstances, injured persons have only two years to file a civil suit for a car accident or personal injury.
The longer you wait, the less chance your car accident attorney has to gather evidence for your case and to prepare a civil suit on your behalf. If you wait too long to hire an attorney, you may lose your right to sue.
Finding and car accident injury claims process doesn’t have to be difficult, but it will probably take a little time and effort on your behalf.
Do your research, and narrow down the list of prospects by looking at the online reviews of M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, their professional awards, ratings, accolades, and recommendations from satisfied clients.
When you narrow down the list of car accident personal injury lawyers, call and settlements to talk with them in person. It isn’t always easy to distinguish a good lawyer from a bad one, but you can narrow down the list by asking the following questions.
1. Have you successfully handled cases like mine before, and if so what kind of settlements have you been able to get for your clients?
2. What percentage of your practice is dedicated to car accident personal injury cases?
3. Can you provide references for the cases you have won? This is the one question a good lawyer cannot directly answer because of privacy concerns, but the lawyer can provide you with general information about the cases they have handled.
4. How much trial experience does your firm have, and of those trial cases what is your success rate?
5. How would you feel about taking a case like mine to trial?
6. If your firm took my accident case, which attorneys would be handling it? Why would another attorney handle it instead of you?
7. Under what circumstances would a case like mine end up in mediation?
8. How long do you think it will take to settle my case out of court, or in court, and why?
9. Who has the final say in making decisions such as settling my case or going to court?
10. Do the lawyers at this firm have any special recognitions or awards, or do they belong to any professional organizations?
11. What are the strengths and weaknesses of my case, and how much do you think they will affect the outcome of my case?
12. What can I do to help you win my case?
13. Who will be my main contact person here at your law firm, and if I need to contact my attorney what is the typical turn-around time to hear back from that person?
14. How much are you paid for your legal services and what will I owe your firm when it is all over?
15. How much do you think my case is worth?
It is very important that you listen to the responses given by the car accident attorneys you talk to. Do the Los Angeles car accident attorneys seem sincere, do they make a concerted effort to answer your question or do they just seem to brush you off?
Do you feel comfortable letting them handle your car accident their professional awards? Is their law firm office clean and does it exhibit an air of professionalism? After interviewing the Los Angeles car accident attorneys, do you feel comfortable with the way they answered your questions, and do you feel confident in their firm’s ability to get you the money you deserve?
At M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that the work we do is critical in getting you the best possible compensation for your injuries.
Our team of car accident attorneys is available 24/7 so we can start investigating claims, review medical records, and help our clients get through the car accident injury claims process. We have helped clients recover more than $100 Million in jury verdicts and settlements, and we want to be your car accident attorney law firm.
Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Los Angeles, CA
If you were injured in an accident in Los Angeles, CA or you lost a loved one and you need legal assistance, please contact us to schedule a free consultation. One of our Los Angeles car accident lawyers at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers will get in touch with you soon.