Top Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles, CA:
If you have been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you should immediately contact an experienced Lyft and Uber accident lawyer in Los Angeles CA who understands the complicated laws revolving around such accidents.
M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers has handled hundreds of Uber and Lyft car accident claims in Los Angeles and across California, obtaining millions of dollars in recovery for injured clients. We are here to ensure you get what you deserve for the pain and suffering you have gone through. Don’t get stuck with a subpar law firm. Call your trusted Uber accident attorney in Los Angeles today for your risk-free consultation at 877-771-8175.
Choosing an experienced Lyft accident lawyer in Los Angeles will ensure you get the personal attention your case deserves!
A Bit About Uber and Lyft
Uber and Lyft have only been around since 2009 and the rules and laws governing these “ride sharing” companies are constantly changing. That is why M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers should be the firm you select to prosecute your claim and preserve your rights.
Accidents, in general, are stressful. However, Uber and Lyft accidents can be even more complex and having our personal injury attorneys on your side will ensure you get the maximum coverage for your injuries and suffering. While there may be many different factors to take into consideration, our team of Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Los Angeles, CA can instruct you on what steps to take to help alleviate any stress or confusion. We are here 24/7 to help you navigate and succeed in your Uber or Lyft case.
Some of the common issues when involved in an Uber or Lyft accident can be knowing when the insurance companies will give coverage and how much. There are different “periods” in which Uber and Lyft sort their insurance coverage. Our experts can explain these and can help you maximize your coverage and claims based on our expertise.
- No Period: The driver is not logged in on the ridesharing app. This would mean your personal automobile insurance must cover your claims because the driver isn’t logged in, and they are considered off the clock.
- Period 1: The driver of the Uber or Lyft is online and awaiting a customer. If you are online and awaiting a fare and get into an accident, both companies offer 50/100/25 liability coverage. This means that liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 for property damage, are covered by each company. There is no insurance coverage for the driver (uninsured, underinsured, or medical payments) or the driver’s vehicle (collision) during this “gap” period, however, so all drivers are encouraged to purchase a rideshare policy or a rideshare rider for their personal auto insurance.
- Period 2: The driver has accepted a fare and is on the way to the customer(s). During this period both Uber and Lyft offer $1 million in liability, uninsured, and underinsured coverage. In terms of collision coverage, that is dependent upon the driver having collision coverage on his or her personal insurance policy.
- Period 3: The driver has already picked up the customer and they are on their way to the destination. During Period 3, Uber and Lyft offer $1 million in liability, uninsured, and underinsured coverage. However, collision coverage depends on whether or not the driver has collision coverage on his or her personal insurance policy.
Our Los Angeles Uber/Lyft lawyers understand the different potential coverages Uber/Lyft offer so it is imperative you contact our Lyft and Uber passenger injury attorneys in LA to preserve your rights and maximize your claim. Call today for a no-obligation, free consultation for your claim. We are also happy to provide a free second opinion regarding your case if you are unhappy with your current Uber and Lyft attorneys in California.
FAQs About Ride Share Accidents
Here at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, we get a lot of questions regarding accidents that involve ride sharing. After all, it is a relatively new branch of the law – one we are well-equipped to handle.
Here are questions and answers that may prove helpful in your research:
Q: Do Lyft/Uber drivers require any extra training?
A: No, but they must meet certain requirements. Uber says its drivers must be at least 21 years old, have one year of experience as a licensed driver, possess a valid U.S. driver’s license, and drive a four-door vehicle.
Lyft says its drivers must be 21 years old with a valid U.S. driver’s license, as well as one year of driving experience. On top of that, Lyft requires a DMV check and background check.
Q: What type of insurance do Uber/Lyft drivers carry?
A: Lyft and Uber both have liability coverage that varies with the stage of driving. See above.
Q: What happens if my Lyft/Uber driver was responsible for the accident?
A: Uber and Lyft drivers have both personal insurance coverage and company coverage. As a passenger, please know you are not at fault. The driver’s insurance through Uber or Lyft should cover the damages That being said, your claim may get complicated depending on the circumstances of the accident and how fault has been determined.
It’s always in your best interests to hire an Uber passenger injury attorney in Los Angeles to ensure your rights are protected.
Awards and Recognitions
Here at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, we are there for you every step of the way in getting you the top settlement for your Uber or Lyft crash injuries, and we have received many awards and recognitions for doing just that!
- Selected as top 100 trial lawyers in the country by the National Trial Lawyers
- Selected as top 40 under 40 trial lawyers in the country by the National Trial Lawyers
- Selected as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Recipient of Avvo Client’s Choice Award for excellent client service
- Lifelong members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Selected as “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Rated as “Top Attorney” by Los Angeles Magazine
- Lifelong members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Selected as “Best Attorneys” by Rue Ratings
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in California
- Recognized as America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Rated Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles by Three Best Rated Organization
- Recognized for excellence by Lawyers of Distinction publication
- Lifelong members of Distinguished Justice Advocates group
- Selected as wrongful death attorneys of the year by Acquisition International
Contact M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, whether as a passenger or a pedestrian, don’t hesitate to reach out to M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers for your free initial consultation. A Lyft accident attorney in Los Angeles is standing by to help. Contact us at 877-771-8175.