If you were injured in a collision in Hollywood, CA, you may have legal rights to compensation for your resulting damages, including medical bills, lost income, and chronic pain. Unfortunately, getting a fair financial recovery isn’t always easy, and you may face many obstacles.
You can alleviate your stress and focus on your health if you seek help from an experienced Hollywood car accident lawyer. M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers is here when you need us most. Our legal team has over a century of combined experience, and our primary goal is to help accident victims recover the money they deserve for their injuries and losses.
Using our skills and vast knowledge of California law, we’ve secured over $400 million for injured people throughout Southern California. We’ll put our experience to work for you if you retain our legal services after a car accident in Hollywood. Contact our law firm for a free, no-obligation consultation by calling (877) 300-4535.
How Can a Lawyer Help After a Car Accident in Hollywood, CA?
Whether you were injured in a high-speed collision on the 101 or were rear-ended on Sunset Boulevard, you shouldn’t have to foot the bill if the accident wasn’t your fault. California drivers who negligently or recklessly cause crashes are responsible for the damages they cause.
We’ll help you pursue a claim against the at-fault driver and recover a settlement or award that fully compensates you. Our legal team knows how to stand up to insurance companies and other parties. We protect our clients against lowball offers and unsubstantiated allegations of shared fault.
If you hire M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers for help after a car wreck in Hollywood, California, you’ll have an advocate to:
- Thoroughly investigate the crash to determine how it occurred and who shares liability
- Listen to your side of the story and review the accident report, video footage, and other relevant information
- Gather critical pieces of evidence needed to prove causation and calculate damages
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters for a fair settlement agreement covering the full extent of your losses
- File a formal lawsuit and represent you in court if negotiations fail to yield the result you deserve
Do you have questions or want to learn more about the benefits of creating an attorney-client relationship? We can provide further information and explain our legal services during a free initial consultation. Contact our law office serving Hollywood to schedule an appointment.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Hollywood?
Hollywood is notorious for its ties to the entertainment industry and is home to many studios. It’s also full of residential development and is a popular tourist destination for things like the Hollywood Walk of Fame and TCL Chinese Theatre. With the number of locals and tourists frequenting the area, collisions are inevitable.
In fact, certain roads – such as Cahuenga Boulevard near the 101 Freeway – are known for their accident risks. The LAPD recently named the junction of Highland Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard one of the most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles County.
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), the City of Los Angeles (which contains Hollywood) experienced 26,132 crashes that caused injuries or fatalities in 2020. Nearly 13% of those collisions were speed-related, and 15% were hit-and-runs.
What Causes Most Car Crashes in Hollywood, CA?
Unfortunately, carelessness is the main factor in most crashes in Hollywood and throughout California.
Negligent driving behaviors that lead to accidents include:
- Distracted driving, such as eating, texting, or tending to children
- Running traffic lights and signs
- Failure to yield the right of way to other motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to check blind spots
- Improper or illegal turns or lane changes
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as tailgating or brake checking
- Driver inexperience, such as teen drivers
However, things other than driver error can contribute to accidents, including:
- Lack of infrastructure, such as traffic lights
- Road defects, such as potholes
- Defective car parts, such as airbags, tires, brakes, and lights
- Poor visibility
- Inclement weather
Our car accident attorneys in Hollywood will determine every contributing factor that led to your crash. We want to put you in the best position to receive the money you need.
How Much Is My Hollywood Car Accident Claim Worth?
Because all crashes occur in different ways and cause different types of injuries, no two cases are the exact same. We will need to evaluate the specific facts to calculate your damages and determine what your case is worth.
Some relevant factors we will consider might include:
- The severity of your injuries and all the ways they impact your life
- Your medical costs and other expenses related to the car accident
- The mental anguish and trauma you’ve endured
- Whether you’re able to work while recovering
- Your ability to work in the same capacity as before the collision
- Whether you share any fault for causing the accident
- Whether you attempted to mitigate your damages
These and other considerations will be evaluated as we work to put a dollar value on your financial and subjective losses.
What Compensation Is Available After a Car Accident in Hollywood, CA?
Car accident victims in Hollywood can seek compensation for their monetary losses – or economic damages – including:
- The medical expenses you’ve incurred, such as hospital bills, medical treatment, surgery, and follow-up care
- The cost of future healthcare treatment, such as physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages, earnings, and job benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as household services, childcare, or travel
- Property damage
Victims may also pursue compensation for their personal, subjective losses stemming from a car crash – or non-economic damages – including:
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- The development of psychological disorders, such as anxiety and vehophobia
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability or impairment
Punitive damages may be awarded in rare cases involving a defendant who acted with a conscious and willful disregard for your safety. This might include a person who decided to drive a vehicle when they were highly intoxicated.
What Types of Injuries Are Commonly Sustained in Collisions?
Motor vehicle accidents can cause a wide array of injuries, depending on the type of accident and speed at impact.
Some injuries that may result from Hollywood car wrecks include:
Whether your injuries are minor and require a few weeks of treatment or they’re catastrophic injuries with long-term effects, we can help. We can also assist you with a wrongful death claim if you tragically lost a loved one in a fatal car accident.
How Do I Prove My Hollywood Car Accident Claim?
Most car accidents result from another party’s negligence, which consists of four elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- They breached their duty by failing to exercise reasonable caution (e.g., by speeding)
- The breach directly caused the collision
- You sustained damages
You (the plaintiff) have the burden of proving that the at-fault party’s negligent actions caused the collision and your resulting damages. You do this by gathering evidence, including accident reports, photos and videos of the accident scene, medical records, expert witness opinions, and more.
Can I Receive Compensation If I’m Partially At Fault for My Car Accident in Hollywood?
As long as you aren’t entirely to blame for causing the collision in Hollywood, you can financially recover from any other party who shares fault. California is a pure comparative negligence state, meaning your allocated blame will proportionally reduce your awarded compensation.
For example, if you are deemed 60% responsible for the car accident, you can only recover 40% of your awarded damages. If you’re being blamed for the crash, contact an attorney as soon as possible for help.
How Long Do I Have To File a Car Accident Lawsuit in California?
Most California car accident victims have just two years from the collision date to file a formal personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. It’s essential to monitor the statute of limitations in your case because if you miss this deadline, you’ll lose your legal right to pursue a claim.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Hollywood as soon as possible to preserve your ability to recover compensation for your damages.
What Does It Cost To Hire a Hollywood Car Accident Attorney?
Most auto accident lawyers in Hollywood and throughout Los Angeles County work on a contingency fee basis. You can retain our legal services without paying any upfront costs, and you only pay if we win money in your case.
We will deduct our legal fees from the settlement or jury award we obtain on your behalf. The contingency fee is typically between 33-40%, but it may differ depending on certain factors.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
Being injured in a car wreck is traumatic and can lead to physical injuries and psychological trauma that affects every aspect of your life. You don’t have to deal with your losses alone. Let M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers handle your claim for damages so that you can heal.
Contact our Hollywood car accident attorneys for a free consultation to learn how we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.