Have you been hurt in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, semi-truck, big rig, or another large commercial truck in Beverly Hills, California? Do not hesitate to contact the award-winning legal team at M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Beverly Hills truck accident lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and fight to recover the maximum financial award you need and deserve.
For more than a decade, crash victims and families in Beverly Hills have turned to M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers for help after life-changing truck accidents. As top-rated California trial attorneys, we’ve demonstrated an unrivaled ability to take on powerful trucking companies and win top results for our clients.
Those results speak volumes – with over $400 million in settlements and jury awards.
Now we’re ready to fight for you. Call our law office serving Beverly Hills, CA at (877) 300-4535 or contact us online to schedule your free case assessment today.
How M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident in Beverly Hills, CA
Truck accidents aren’t like other types of auto accidents. State and federal trucking regulations apply. Injuries tend to be more catastrophic. Many parties – and insurance companies – can be involved in subsequent legal actions.
You’ve got one opportunity to recover compensation, so it’s important to put your best foot forward. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to call our Beverly Hills personal injury lawyers for help.
At M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 100 years of experience handling complex personal injury cases like yours. Our law firm is a known and respected leader in truck accident litigation, with the resources and experience needed to achieve meaningful results.
We also strive to make a genuine impact in the lives of the people we represent. So, take this time to focus on getting better, lean on us for support, and trust our legal team to help you get every cent you deserve.
- Analyze reports stemming from state and/or federal investigatory agencies
- Coordinate an independent inquiry into your truck accident
- Obtain truck black box data, dashcam footage, driver communication logs, toxicology reports, vehicle inspection and maintenance reports, medical records, witness statements, property damage, and other evidence needed to build a strong case
- Bring in expert witnesses to provide insight as we calculate what your truck accident case might be worth
- Handle procedural challenges posed by insurance companies and local courts
- Prepare and file all legal claims and documents on your behalf
- Represent you during all negotiations with the insurance company and trucking service
- Aggressively seek a top-dollar verdict at trial if you don’t receive a fair settlement offer
There’s no upfront cost or out-of-pocket expense when you turn to our Beverly Hills personal injury law firm for help after a truck accident. We work on contingency. You pay nothing unless our truck accident attorneys in Beverly Hills win compensation for you.
Give us a call to learn more about your case and why you’ll want us to stand beside you during this difficult time in your life. Your first consultation is free.
What Are the Top Causes of Beverly Hills Truck Accidents?
Every year, there are a handful of truck accidents reported in Beverly Hills. Most of these accidents are avoidable, but happen because someone is negligent.
Some of the leading contributing factors to Beverly Hills truck accidents include:
- Truck driver distraction
- Driving too fast for road or weather conditions
- Wide turns
- Illegal turns
- Braking errors
- Improper cargo load
- Failure to secure cargo
- Driver fatigue
- Violation of FMCSA trucking regulations, including Hours of Service limits
- Failure to perform pre-and-post-trip inspections
- Failure to perform mandated inspections and maintenance
- Negligent hiring
- Vehicle defects
M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers will carefully assess the specific facts of your case to identify exactly why and how your truck accident happened. Knowing the cause(s) of the big rig accident is fundamental to a successful legal claim for damages.
Who’s Liable for a Big Rig Accident in Beverly Hills?
In California, liability for a truck accident is shared by all contributing parties. It doesn’t matter if a role is indirect or direct. If someone plays a role in causing a truck accident, they can be held financially responsible for the resulting damages.
- Truck driver. Truck drivers can be liable if their negligence contributes to a truck accident. Driver negligence can include texting and driving, speeding, merging errors, and road rage.
- Trucking company. The company that employs the driver and/or owns the vehicle can be liable for a crash. Common reasons include negligent hiring, negligent training, and failing to maintain its fleet of vehicles. Employers can also be vicariously liable for the negligence of their drivers.
- Cargo loaders. Individuals who load cargo onto trucks can be liable if they violate loading and safety requirements.
- Trucking manufacturer. Truck defects – including faulty brakes and electrical system problems – can contribute to truck accidents. In these situations, the companies responsible for designing, manufacturing, or selling the truck (or defective component) can be liable for a wreck.
- Third-Party Motorist. Some truck accidents are caused by other negligent drivers on the road. These motorists – including drivers of passenger cars, other truck drivers, and motorcyclists – can be on the hook for crash-related damages.
- Government Agency. Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, or a California state agency could be liable if road defects contribute to a truck accident.
Count on M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers to aggressively seek compensation from anyone who caused your truck accident in Beverly Hills. We can pursue compensation from the at-fault party directly and/or seek benefits through available insurance policies.
How Can Contributory Negligence Affect My California Truck Accident Settlement?
Sharing some of the blame for a truck accident in Beverly Hills, California, can have a direct impact on your ability to recover compensation.
Under California’s pure comparative fault rule, your settlement or jury award will be reduced in direct proportion to fault.
If you’re 30 percent responsible for a truck accident, your financial award will be reduced by 30 percent.
Expect the trucker and trucking company to try to point fingers and blame you for the accident. If you do nothing, their claims could really hurt your financial award. When you have M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers fighting for you, you can rest assured that our team will anticipate these tactics and work to limit their impact on your case.
What Types of Damages Can I Get in a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
Following a truck accident in Beverly Hills, you can file a legal claim to recover compensatory damages from a negligent or liable party.
Compensatory damages include:
- Economic damages to offset the financial losses related to your truck accident, and
- Non-economic damages to help you cope with the more difficult-to-value life changes and trauma you experience as a victim.
A successful claim can help you get money for:
Insurance adjusters and representatives for the truck company will try to downplay your injuries. They’ll try to argue that your life hasn’t been seriously affected by the accident. Our truck accident attorneys in Beverly Hills will not let them control the terms of your case.
We will work closely with trusted experts and specialists as we investigate, build, and value your claim. When it’s time to negotiate, we’ll have the facts, evidence, and legal arguments needed to force meaningful conversations and help you secure a life-changing monetary award.
Fighting To Get Compensation for All of Your Beverly Hills Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks weigh a lot more than other vehicles on the road. They’re more difficult to maneuver and don’t stop on a dime. When there’s an accident, their momentum can cause catastrophic injuries – particularly for occupants of other vehicles.
At M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to advocate to get you top compensation for all of your truck accident injuries, including:
Report your truck accident and then get to the closest hospital in Los Angeles County as soon as you can. Prompt care can significantly reduce the risk of complications and ensure that you receive the necessary treatment right away. Once your condition is stable, call our Beverly Hills truck accident attorneys to discuss your situation and benefit from our award-winning legal care.
What’s the Deadline for Filing a California Truck Accident Lawsuit?
After a truck accident in Beverly Hills, you’ll have two years to file a legal claim for damages.
This is true for cases resulting in personal injury and wrongful death.
You’ll want to take swift action. Once the statute of limitations expires, you will no longer have the right to demand the financial accountability you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Beverly Hills Truck Accident Lawyer
Call M&Y Personal Injury Lawyers if you’ve recently been injured in a truck accident in Beverly Hills, California. Our top-rated Beverly Hills truck accident lawyers are ready to help you navigate this stressful time and fight for the top-dollar payout you deserve.
Our law firm has won over $400 million for clients like you. Now you can benefit from our experience, resources, and dedication to justice.
Reach out to our Beverly Hills law office to set up your free consultation today.